Saturday, June 1, 2013

Amazon Mechanical Turk

Update: I have been using mturk much more recently, and have found it is a pretty steady way to make money. I have been making a goal to make $10/day (which I easily surpass most days), and since I make money everyday I have a steady stream of income even if some requesters take the full 30 days they are allowed to pay out in. As of today I have made $761.39 which isn't a fortune, but it is way more than I ever expected to earn when I first started. I think the key is to find a way of searching for HITs that you like and to get over 5k HITs accepted. Once I got to 5k it seemed like I had many more options. I will keep updating with making money there and am planning on writing a stand alone page on what I think the best ways to make money on Amazon Mechanical Turk are.

I was bored this weekend and started using Amazon Mechanical Turk again. I found some great surveys that were quick and easy. I also finally reached over 100 turks accepted which opened up a lot of new tasks for me. I can only do 100 tasks/day for the next 10 days, but I am going to try to do that and see how much I can make. So far I am at $20 for about 4 hours of work which isn't great pay. I could make more than $5/hour at McDonalds, but I do have to admit taking the surveys was pretty fun.

Mturk also allows users to withdraw money to an Amazon accounts and from there it can be transferred (for free) to a bank account or into amazon gift cards once it has reached $1. Yup just $1 is needed to withdraw the money which is AMAZING!! One drawback is that the people who post the tasks have up to 30 days to pay so there is no guarantee you will be paid fast. I have had pretty good luck in the last few days, and have withdrawn $5 of the $20 I made and it only took two days to reach my bank account.

I don't think I will ever make a great hourly wage with mturk and it doesn't have any ways to make a passive income, but I did have a good time and it was money I could make while sitting and watching tv.

Here is a picture of my cash outs from Mturk so far. I still have about $10 pending that I made today, but am really pleased with how fast most people pay on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment