Saturday, September 7, 2013

SlicethePie

Slicethepie is a website I started using (today actually) and I think I am going to love it. Basically you just listen to music, give it a rating, and write a review of what you thought of the music. The reviews don't pay great (I have gotten between 6 and 10 cents for my reviews so far), but you can listen to the music in the background while you do something else then write a review. You have to listen to at least 90 seconds of the song before you start the review, but since I have the song playing in the background I just listen to the entire thing.

Also make sure that you are honest in the rating of which genre's you like at the very beginning when you sign up. I said I sort of liked classical music (which I do), but have found that I have a lot less to say about the instrumental and classical pieces that I have had to rate which makes writing the reviews difficult. I haven't found a way to change my preferences yet, and will be sure to update if I do because I would prefer NOT to have to rate classical music.

You have to make $10.00 before you can cash out your earnings which isn't much at all. I don't see anyone making oodles doing this, but it seems like a decent website to make some cash on the side. I did just start using it, so will keep this updated if I run into any problems or find any helpful tips for the website. I think Slicethepie is a great way to hear some new music and get paid to write reviews of it.

Earnings so far: $0.64

Let me know if you try it and what you think of it!

Update 01/21/2014: Once the novelty of this wore off I quit doing it. I believe I have $2.29 there and I doubt I will be making the additional money needed to get to $10.00 to cash out. Overall this was a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment